Other Intermediate Greek Grammar Books
Please make sure you have seen the Intermediate
section of the other page on recommended Greek Grammar books. This page
provides information on additional books for those looking for more
- The book that I have used and enjoyed very much in my earlier days of studying Greek
grammar is "A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament" by H.E.Dana
and Julius R.Mantey published by MacMillian Company. (It is usually referred to as
'Dana and Mantey'). Even though some parts are a little outdated, I feel it is a very good
book and still use it often. If you own Daniel Wallace's book (above) then this book would
not be necessary to own, especially since it tends to be so expensive.
- Another book that came out at about the same time as "Dana and Mantey" (early
20th century) is "A New Short Grammar of the Greek New Testament" by A.T.Robertson
and W.Hershey Davis". This is also a good intermediate Greek grammar book.
- "A Grammar of the New Testament: A Workbook Approach to Intermediate Grammar"
by Curtis Vaughn and Virtus E. Gideon.
- "Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek" by Bruce M.
Metzger. Excellent for vocabulary building and classification.
- "A Concise Exegetical Grammar of New Testament Greek" by J. Harold
Greenlee. I have used this book almost exclusively for its excellent (but very short)
explanation of the different uses of the Greek participle.
- "Intermediate New Testament Greek: A Linguistic and Exegetical Approach"
by Richard A. Young.